The Auto Enrolment contributions are to increase on the 6th April 2019 with employers contribution raising to a minimum contribution of 3% of qualified earnings. We have found some interesting facts about Pensions..
(as of October 2018)
- 35% of the adult population say they don’t have a pension.
- 43% of the population admit they don’t know how much they will need.
- Over 55% of people estimate that up to £100,000 is enough to retire comfortably.
- Only 28% of people think they are on track to meet this.
- The recommended amount for a comfortable retirement is £260,000 - £445,000 depending on accommodation costs. (recommended by Royal London).
- With the old state pension you receive a whopping extra 25p in your pension when you reach 80!.
- The new state pension which was introduced in 2016 is a weekly payment of £164.35.
- Men born after 6th April 1951 and Women born after 6th April 1953 are eligible for the new state pension.
- If you were born before this date you remain on the old state pension which is £125.95.
- The day your state pension is paid depends on the last 2 digits of your National Insurance Number.
- In 2010 there were 3 people working for every pensioner. By 2050 it has been predicted there will be 1 pensioner to every 2 workers.
- About 15 Million people in the UK have no pension savings.
- As a result of the auto-enrolment scheme into workplace pensions, 6 million workers have now begun saving into their pension funds
Should you wish to sign up to our client newsletter please click here to enter your details...