MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE
- Business Development support responsibilities with individual and team goal responsibilities. Specifically, will support the Business Development Manager to exceed lending and customer satisfaction targets
- Responsible for supporting the distribution of the bank’s lending products, focusing, in particular within their local market and achieving budgeted volume targets
- Supporting the on-going management of a network of local and potentially national brokers and acting as their first point of call
- Ensuring strong Customer Conduct and TCF values are adhered to, achieving excellent Customer Experience feedback. Acting as the first point of contact for customers
- Ensuring existing and potential customers are kept up to date on the progress of their ongoing transactions and acting proactively in all business matters
- Ensuring full compliance with the bank’s policies and procedures, including the adherence to all regulatory requirements
- Managing, alongside the BDM, the relationships with all local customers and intermediaries
- Establishing and maintaining strong lending processes, controls and disciplines
- Compiling or reviewing full credit applications in line with the bank’s policies and procedures and working closely with credit underwriters
- Enhancing and promoting the bank’s image and reputation with local stakeholders and customers
- Following and supporting the bank’s culture in all dealings with external and internal stakeholders
Strategy and Planning
- Help to support and manage relationships with key regional brokers, accountants and other professional introducers, ensuring they adhere to the bank’s core lending policies and values. Often being the first contact point
- Support the relationship with key partnerships with other local professionals in the drive for new business. Often acting as their first contact point
- Help to proactively manage the pipeline of new business opportunities and support the execution of new deals in a timely fashion, providing regular updates to the BDM and Commercial Director
- Support the local personalised relationship model for all customers with a clear focus on speed of delivery and transparency in all dealings
- Achieve agreed team financial targets across all measures
- Respond within agreed timescales to all enquiries and referrals, giving superior customer service at all opportunities, often being the customer’s first contact with the bank
- Identify and seek opportunities to promote the bank
- Help support and formulate appropriate local strategies and plans to exceed the banks overall goals as set by and agreed with the BDM & Commercial Director
- Meet and exceed personal goals as set by the BDM
Customer, Risk Management & Regulatory.
- Achieve exceptional and best in class customer feedback
- Ensure customer conduct and TCF values are adhered to across all disciplines and with all stakeholders
- Respond to, as appropriate, all customer complaints and areas of dissatisfaction and take measures with the BDM to rectify these
- Support the BDM in maintaining and managing the lending book with minimal bad or stressed debt. Highlight any areas of concern
- Respond to all appropriate customer enquiries within the agreed timescales and to be transparent and clear in all correspondence
- Maintain up to date, accurate and transparent customer records
- Help ensure that appropriate control frameworks are in place and adhered to across all measures
- Help to ensure that the local broker panel is maintained, and core lending values are met with appropriate customer outcomes
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS
- The Business Development Manager and Commercial Director
- Credit & Underwriting functions and Operational support teams
- All local customers, be they depositors, borrowers or both.
- Brokers and professional introducers.
- Other local business relationships
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Strong intellect, professional approach, directed towards SME customers
- Experience within banking and in particular the SME sector, including credit and relationship banking
- Self-starter, with a flexible but robust approach, good team player, commercial, business focused and pragmatic, able to work independently essential
- Good organisational and negotiation skills
- Customer centric with experience in direct customer contact
- Good knowledge of credit processes and risk assessment
Culture and Values
- Maintain at all times the high standard for ensuring colleagues and customers are dealt with swiftly and fairly, ensuring full consideration is given to the company’s brand values and to customer/colleague experience and outcomes”.
- Promote and adhere to the company Values – Certainty, Simplicity, Tireless, Integrity.
- Effectively conveys information with clarity, integrity and certainty.
- Encourage and support others by listening, communicating and working as one team.
- Promote success with enthusiasm and positively share successes and outcomes.
- Ensure knowledge and skill set is current and evolving.
- Understand and comply with Conduct Rules prescribed by the Regulator, together with the Bank’s policies and procedures
- Maintain an understanding and awareness of financial crime laws and regulations; together with knowledge of the responsibility to report any instance of actual or suspicious money laundering and duty to avoid alerting the customer
Please note: due to the high volume of CV’s we receive, we are unable to respond personally to all applications. If you do not hear from us within 5 working days of your application, please take your application as unsuccessful on this occasion. Good luck with your job search.
Arena Personnel Ltd – Letchworth Garden City’s independent recruitment agency.