Salary: c. £24,000.00
To help develop and implement Health, Safety and Environmental strategies and to provide day to day support to our management team.
Responsible for Training and management of the systems that support Training.
Providing general administrative support, including the co-ordination and delivery of H&S compliance training.
- Corrective Action Tracking, ensuring timely completion
- Create Work Instructions and ensure they are Implemented via suitable Training
- Co-ordinate and administer all Training on site.
- Conduct Risk Assessments to identify potential hazards, control measures and further actions. Devise and implement Safe Systems of Work. Communicate effectively with key stakeholders to develop initiatives to eliminate or reduce hazards.
- Support with operational practices to help minimise the risk of workplace accidents and Near Misses.
- Carry out investigations into accident/incidents, and recurrent health cases to provide workplace solutions. Liaise with insurer, health and safety consultant, local authority and HSE when required.
- Compiling H&S statistics and writing reports.
- Work closely with the HR department to collaborate on accident investigations, employee well- being, employees training and inductions and H&S / HR policies and procedures.
- Member of the Health and Safety Committees. Deputise for EHS Manager when required.
- Liaise closely with others departments such as engineering, compliance, purchasing and product development.
- Support LOLER, DSEAR, HAVS, and other Environmental, Health and Safety Statutory Compliance
- Promote and foster a positive attitude to health and safety in the workplace.
· Previous experience in a manufacturing environment.
· IT literate (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
· Good oral and presentation skills.
· Good interpersonal skills.
- Good working knowledge of facilities, buildings, & maintenance.
- Good Health and Safety Experience.
- Knowledge of contract management & control
- Ability to build rapport and trust-based relationships and interact effectively with staff, management and vendors at all levels.
- Ability to manage workload, manage to tight time scales and set deadlines.
You will be required to have IOSH Managing Safely, and NEBOSHH General Certification ot equivalent.
We look forward top receiving your application.
Please note: due to the high volume of CV’s we receive, we are unable to respond personally to all applications. If you do not hear from us within 5 working days of your application, please take your application as unsuccessful on this occasion. Good luck with your job search.
Arena Personnel Ltd – Letchworth Garden City’s independent recruitment agency.