Salary: £16-£18.50 per hour
Our client is a Letchworth based company specializing in Prototypes & Low Volume Production Sheet Metal Pressings, Stampings and Fabrication to the Highest Quality, working in many different sectors. Customers include Ford motors, Lockheed Martin, Warner brothers and McLaren.
they are looking for someone to join their team who pride their selves on giving excellent customer service, with a fast response resolving queries and supplying parts within very short lead times.
- Responsible for carrying out the inspection of models (assemblies, sub-assemblies and individual components) in accordance with the specification given in the route cards
- Assist with the scheduling of inspection work to meet agreed project resource plans with regular communication of schedules to the project Teams
- Model Manufacturing Centre (MMC) Raise Concession Reports for submission and approval to Customers.
- Responsibilities - Coordinate Measurement Machines Completing and inspection of component and sub-assembly Reporting results
- Final Inspection
- Programme new components on the CMM machines
- Run Parts and complete inspection reports to schedule
- Visual batch check
- Feedback information to the manufacturing department
- Interim & First Off Inspection
- Maintain ISO9001-2000 and AS9100 Quality System
- Knowledge of using a creaform scanning system would be an advantage, training will be given to the right applicant
- Monitor the progress and conduct training as appropriate of newly inducted or trainees Lead the technical development of the inspection capability including the inspection.
- Actively seek opportunities for Continuous Improvement of inspection procedures.
- Welding visual inspection / CSWIP knowledge would be an advantage
- The ability to read and work from engineering drawings.
- Ability to program CMM bridge machinery/Romer Portable Scanner Arm/CMM
- Knowledge and experience of “PC-DMIS” & Delcam Power Inspect
- Automotive industry experience would be an advantage.
- Geometric tolerance knowledge
- Able to read engineering drawings
- PPAP knowledge
In return they offer:
- 25 days leave plus statutory holidays per year.
- 37.5 hour working week
- £16-18.50 /hr depending on experience
- Regular overtime at X1.5
- Bonus scheme
- Modern machinery in a bespoke building.
- Sickpay scheme
We look forward to receiving your CV.
Please note: due to the high volume of CV’s we receive, we are unable to respond personally to all applications. If you do not hear from us within 5 working days of your application, please take your application as unsuccessful on this occasion. Good luck with your job search.
Arena Personnel Ltd – Letchworth Garden City’s independent recruitment agency.