The Quality control technician is responsible for testing materials and finished products to ensure they conform to all applicable laws as well as the business and customer standards. The Quality control technician will test/inspect products across the three stages of production (before, inprocess, and final) to ensure quality levels are met. The Quality control technician will also assist with ensuring suppliers quality at least meet the business standards. They must document their findings, including implementing documentation to track / highlight issues and present their findings to the rest of the business.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Ensure all products are fully dimensionally inspected using manual dimensional inspection tools such as verniers, callipers and micrometres
• Ability to establish Root Cause using lean tools such as 5 Why’s.
• Be able to run an 8D exercise and provide relevant documentation
• Chair Toolbox Talks
• Spending at least 50% of the time taking part in the inspection work
• Highlighting any products that are out of spec and escalating the issue with relevant departments such as production, engineering, suppliers, and supply chain
• Investigate any products found to be out of spec and carrying out root cause analysis
• Being the spokesperson for the QC function when dealing with other departments, internal and external
• Basic testing and assessment of packaging materials, raw materials, in-process samples, and finished products
• Coordinating with the relevant stakeholders to ensure deadlines are met
• Implement QC documentation control within Production
• Assist in the co-ordination of NPI’s
• Build positive relationships with team members, promoting the Quality message at all times.
• Filing of completed paperwork and management of QC documentation process
• Ensure all required QC tasks are carried out in accordance with defined rules and procedures
• Monitor QC testing results and highlight/escalate potential issues as necessary to the relevant functions/key stakeholders recommending solutions to address the issue and identifying any corrective action taken.
• Implement and manage all QC Action Plans
• Deal with product/raw material failures including speaking with suppliers and implementing appropriate retesting processes where necessary.
• Conducting supplier audits
• Plan day to day activities to ensure all work is completed
• Ensure team members are appropriately trained and training records are kept up to date
• Develop, maintain, and review the site testing regime for all materials and new product introductions.
• Develop and build relationships across all departments e.g., Supply Chain and Production to ensure efficient end to end delivery of customer products
• Ensure the necessary consumables and calibrated/serviced instruments are available
• Provide support and guidance to the Production team and issue resolution to enable the effective correction and close out of issues, incidents, non-conformances, and complaints. Provide concise and accurate information to support any investigations
• Control rework through the designated systems and escalations
• Analyse and report Quality Performance Metrics / KPI’s
• Fully support and comply with company HSE and Quality Policies.
• At least 5 years’ experience within a similar role.
Skills & Experience:
• Proven track record and a wide range of manufacturing QC experience, preferably in high value, low volume manufacturing environment.
• A calm and process-driven candidate with an experience-led approach to problem-solving and supplier management.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• An excellent learner and listener with strong critical thinking, analytic and interpersonal skills.
• Flexible, with good time management skills and an ability to self-prioritise work.
• Capable of multi-tasking and delivering to agreed schedules.
• Strong management and organisational skills to keep track of all movements in a rapidly changing environment working to tight deadlines
• Experience/knowledge of KPI management and reporting
• Extensive knowledge of Excel and a thorough understanding of all MS Office Systems
• Good numeracy and analytical skills
• Excellent attention to detail and ability to assess moderately complex information from multiple data-feeds and draw logical conclusions.
Monday to Thursday 7.30am - 4.30pm Friday 7.30am - 12.30pm.
We look forward to receiving your CV.
Please note due to the high volume of CV’s we receive we are unable to respond personally to all applications. If you do not hear from us within five working days of your application, please take your application as unsuccessful on this occasion. Good luck with your job search.
Arena Personnel Ltd – Letchworth Garden City’s independent recruitment agency.