Salary: £24,000 - £27,000 Experience dependent
Electronics Development Engineer
We are delighted to be recruiting a full-time permanent position for a junior/Graduate Electronics Development engineer to join the successful team based in Letchworth.
Main purpose and scope:
To play a fundamental role in supporting electronic design engineers in undertaking client electronic designs, maintaining client satisfaction through risk-averse design methodologies and regular communication. Building and maintaining client relationships through communication via telephone and e-mail to provide them confidence to place further activity with the company. The role dictates working closely with other departments to facilitate a successful customer journey.
Duties and key responsibilities:
- Liaise with clients in order to understand their requirements pre and mid project.
- Specify and design (or support design of) analogue and digital electronic circuits and systems
- Lay out circuits using Altium Designer, designing efficiently for test, manufacture, environmental aspects and any other aspect relevant to the client.
- Specify and design (or support design of) testing hardware and procedures to ensure production product leaving the company fully conforms to the Design Specification.
- Work within the disciplines of standards relevant to the company and/or client’s design.
- Assist in generation of design documentation, including Design Proposals and Design Specifications
- Maintain accurate time-records to enable the company to monitor accuracy of project quotations
- Maintain accurate records to assist the Operations Director in creation/updating of project plans and operational understanding of project progress.
Additional duties and key responsibilities:
- Performing any other reasonable engineering task as required by the management of the company.
- Attending customer meetings via Zoom, Microsoft Teams and physically.
- Attending and supporting DSL exhibitions.
Training and competency development:
- Developing our team is of critical importance to DSL, we invest regularly in both in-house and external training opportunities to support your success.
- Funded external IPC CID training and certification.
- In-house training to enable specifying and design (or support design of) firmware and software pertaining to client designs.
- In-house training to enable specifying and design (or support design of) or managing the outsourcing of mechanical enclosures or other project elements that are not considered the company’s core competency.
- Min. HNC in Electronic and Electrical Engineering, or equivalent, required
- Experience in C/C++ programming would be advantageous but not essential.
- Confident manner
- Friendly/ Approachable
- Eagerness to learn / open to improvement suggestions
Mon – Fri
9:00am – 5:00pm
Parking on site
£24,000 - £27,000 Depending on Experience
Please note due to a high volume of CV’s we receive we are unable to respond personally to all applications. If you do not hear from us within 5 working days of your application, please take your application as unsuccessful on this occasion. Good luck with your job search.