Salary: Not specified
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To assess new lending applications for quality, credit risk, and adherence with the bank’s policies and lending appetite
To summarize individual lending cases, and provide recommendations on sanction to members of the Bank’s Credit Committee
Support, where needed, the day-to-day credit operation activities of the bank ensuring that all areas of the business are complying with its legal requirements.
Contribute to the bank’s successful delivery of and adherence to the annual lending budget
Ensure the bank adheres fully to its AML and TCF responsibilities and Customer Conduct/Outcomes values and delivers excellent customer service, measured by customer feedback
Adhering to the bank’s strategy and values and ensuring such values are embedded in the banks contracts with suppliers and customers in order to promote business performance
- Detailed research, analysis and investigation of individual lending applications, ensuring all risks are identified
- Identification of policy or protocol exceptions, with suitable recommendations of any remedial actions required.
- Provide support where needed to ensure that all post-sanction administration procedures are timely and compliant with Bank’s policies and procedures including the maintenance of appropriate MI.
- Maintain good working relationships with all legal and valuer panel partners to ensure smooth and timely exchange of correspondence and communication. Monitor and encourage delivery of valuations and loan completions within the Banks preferred timescales.
- Contribute and work with the Director of Credit & Underwriting on strategic initiatives developed to improve the banks performance or controls as requested.
- Consistently demonstrate and evidence delivery of the bank’s brand values and behaviours
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with, and provide support to members of the Business Development Team
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS
Major internal relationships include
- The Bank’s management team
- The Bank’s staff
Major External relationships include:
- The Bank’s professional panel members;
- The Bank’s auditors and its other main third party suppliers of services
- The Bank’s lending partners – Broker and customers.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Banking qualifications e.g. IFS / ACIB would be an advantage.
- Proven experience of underwriting commercial and residential property investment loans to professional investors and to trading companies.
- Experience in assessing Property development loans would be advantageous.
- Ability to work within tight time constraints
- Ability to develop and manage relationships at key levels in the business
- Good team working, organisational and administration skills.
CULTURE AND VALUES
- Maintain at all times the Bank’s high standard for ensuring colleagues and customers are dealt with swiftly and fairly, ensuring full consideration is given to the company’s brand values and to customer/colleague experience and outcomes”.
- Promote and adhere to the Bank’s Values – Certainty, Simplicity, Tireless, Integrity.
- Effectively conveys information with clarity, integrity and certainty.
- Encourage and support others by listening, communicating and working as one team.
- Promote success with enthusiasm and positively share successes and outcomes.
- Ensure knowledge and skill set is current and evolving.
- Understand and comply with Conduct Rules prescribed by the Regulator, together with the Bank’s policies and procedures
- Maintain an understanding and awareness of financial crime laws and regulations; together with knowledge of the responsibility to report any instance of actual or suspicious money laundering and duty to avoid alerting the customer
Please note: due to the high volume of CV’s we receive, we are unable to respond personally to all applications. If you do not hear from us within 5 working days of your application, please take your application as unsuccessful on this occasion. Good luck with your job search.
Arena Personnel Ltd – Letchworth Garden City’s independent recruitment agency.