Salary: C £25,000.00
The finance tasks are currently dealt with by a combination of the Administration Manager (who is retiring) and the Directors. The plan is that the person fulfilling the new post of Finance Assistant takes responsibility for the bulk of the finance tasks and reports directly to one of the Directors.
The ideal applicant is only expected to have a little finance experience and will learn the role over a period of a few months. The business is growing quickly, and the role is expected to grow and develop with the possibility of it developing into a senior position.
- Bank accounts
- Update Xero bank feed.
- In Xero, match off payments and receipts against invoices.
- Maintain the cashflow spreadsheet.
- Check client account / update spreadsheet / inform staff when money in
- Transfer money between client and office a/cs for invoice payments
- Make same day/BACs payments for clients / refund any surplus payment / staff lottery payments when required
- Check office account / update spreadsheet
- Supplier invoice payments
- Send invoices to Receipt Bank.
- Make monthly invoice payment run
- All aspects of monthly billing.
- Send out copy invoices.
- Monthly import to Xero.
- Direct debit monthly collections
- Add new DDs to BACs for VBS and update CCH, Xero and Chaser
- Update Xero when DDs collected
- Credit control
- Keep Chaser up to date, deal with emails from Chaser and clients
- Chase outstanding invoices when Chaser not chasing
- Liaise with payroll staff when payroll to be stopped.
- EC Sales List
- Prepare EC Sales list on a quarterly basis and submit to HMRC.
- VAT returns
- Preparation and submission via Xero.
- Petty cash
- Reconcile petty cash on a monthly basis.
- Take cheque to bank for cash.
- Management accounts
- Prepare accruals and prepayments schedules.
- Post monthly journals.
- VBS client payments
- Sending / Checking / Extracting / Testing / Reports
- Client supplier payments
- Client DD collections
Administration cover (when the Office Administrator is absent)
- New and lost client administration
Experience of working within a Finance role would be required along with experience of using Xero software.
Please note: due to the high volume of CV’s we receive, we are unable to respond personally to all applications. If you do not hear from us within 5 working days of your application, please take your application as unsuccessful on this occasion. Good luck with your job search.
Arena Personnel Ltd – Letchworth Garden City’s independent recruitment agency.