The hours are 9am - 4pm Monday, Wednesday and Thursday offering some flexibility in the future.
the duties are :-
• Dealing with finance emails and queries, including checking invoices are correct and can be paid
• Checking the bank account and identifying/recording all transactions
• Checking weekly Virgin Money Giving report, and recording payments against fundraising events and entering on spreadsheets
Recording and banking money received as cash or cheques
• Thanking donors as appropriate
• Processing staff and volunteer expenses and staff timesheets
• Preparing information for monthly online bank payments and entering payments on the bank for authorisation
• Checking they have been paid on time and sending remittance advices
• Entering all financial transactions on Quickbooks
• Carrying out bank reconciliation
• Downloading monthly management accounting reports
• Filing finance paperwork
• Updating finance procedures as needed
• Attending finance committee meetings (every 2 months) and taking minutes
• Experience of using one or more accounts software packages (Quickbooks, Sage)
• Ability to take instruction and document learnings
• Previous accountancy/finance role.
Please note: due to the high volume of CV’s we receive, we are unable to respond personally to all applications. If you do not hear from us within 5 working days of your application, please take your application as unsuccessful on this occasion. Good luck with your job search.
Arena Personnel Ltd – Letchworth Garden City’s independent recruitment agency.