Run Service Project Lead
Based in Uxbridge, Middlesex
The Retail Implementation Team is accountable for introducing new, or changes to, the existing IT, voice and data solutions across their Stores, as necessitated by Business requirements. This activity spans the territories of the UK, Republic of Ireland, Channel Islands, France and their Franchise Partners.
The Run Service Team within Retail Implementation is responsible for the successful delivery of hardware into Stores, Distribution Centres and Depots. This will include planning, management and delivery of Proof of Concept type activity, deployment of new, or existing solutions to their Estate.
Recent works within the Area include:
- the upgrade of the Local Area and Wireless infrastructure across all Stores
- upgrading of printing capability across our Stores
- implementing network and hardware to support a new National Distribution Centre
- delivering a network and hardware solution to allow our BP Franchise to utilise stock management systems
- delivery of additional hardware into the Store Estate to support Peak trading
- delivering an increase of Self Check Out tilling into the Store Estate
- delivery of hardware to support new till scanning solution into our Store Estate
The role requires strong project management skills, ability to communicate at a variety of levels, build lasting relationships, and with a varied Supplier base of different disciplines. The ideal candidate has at least 4 years’ project management experience, with a track record of delivering small / medium scale hardware deployments across retail or large corporate environments, strong Excel and problem solving skills.
Purpose of Job Role
- To assume day-to-day responsibility for ensuring the timely and effective delivery of specific Retail Implementation (RIT) projects.
- To manage working level relationships with key Project Stakeholders, communicating effectively, ensuring that their requirements / expectations are met, and where possible exceeded, within any budgetary and / or timescale constraints placed on the project.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with 3rd Party Suppliers, building partnerships that help ensure that the maximum benefit is gained from their skills, knowledge and experience.
- Ensure that the implementation related aspects of small / medium sized IT delivery projects are assessed and scoped in an accurate and realistic set of requirements that support the achievement of the overall project objectives.
- Plan, track and report the completion of implementation related activities, ensuring that key dependencies (both internal and external to the Team) are identified, communicated and managed appropriately and that any input required into wider planning activities (eg at an overall project and / or programme level) is provided in an accurate and timely manner.
- Identify, secure, deploy and manage the internal and external resources required to deliver the implementation related activities successfully, minimising delivery risk by ensuring that only appropriately skilled and experienced resources are utilised.
- Manage implementation related risks and issues effectively, ensuing that issues are identified early, managed and resolved, risks are recognised, assessed and appropriate action taken to mitigate where possible. Escalating both issues and risks in a timely manner, if required.
- Work with the Project Manager to provide robust and accurate financial management of all implementation related aspects of the project, ensuring that costs and scope are defined and tightly controlled throughout.
- Work with Implementation Project Office and Change Team to ensure that all works comply with the current Change Management process and approval for work is achieved in a timely manner.
- Ensure all implementation related project delivery activities conform to the relevant quality assurance and quality control processes.
- Work with the Project Manager and Colleagues within the Team, to cut in new solutions into the N&D process.
- Use every project as an opportunity to identify better and / or efficient implementation delivery mechanisms.
Please note: due to the high volume of CV’s we receive, we are unable to respond personally to all applications. If you do not hear from us within 5 working days of your application, please take your application as unsuccessful on this occasion. Good luck with your job search.
Arena Personnel Ltd – Letchworth Garden City’s independent recruitment agency.