Trade Marketing manager.
Our client is a world class global publisher of video games and is seeking to continue its growth with the appointment of a commercially minded and motivated individual to manage its trade marketing activities.This is a unique opportunity to work in a fast moving, successful and growing business within the video games sectorThe role requires an innovative approach and hands on style. The successful candidate will be a practical, hands-on operator.
If you want a role where you can come in and make a difference, this is the role for you.
The key duties of this role include:
Obtaining, reviewing and distributing product sales information internally (Sales sheets / presenters / videos)
● Listing products across retail sites (experience with Amazon listings would be beneficial)
● Verifying listings across UK retail and international retail
● Monitoring retail pricing
● Preparing and presenting plans to territory partners covering territory market dynamics and product presentations
● Overseeing, driving and reviewing territory marketing plans
● Monitoring and reporting on pre-orders and sell out and preparing reports
● Managing effectiveness of marketing
● Creating and sending regular (monthly) newsletter to partners
● Creating and sending pre-release product update sales sheets
● Defining, negotiating and implementing in-store marketing
● Obtaining trade press coverage for products and companies across all territories
● Identifying and applying for trade awards
Skills/ Experience Required
● At least 2 years’ experience in a trade marketing role
● Confidence in presenting to stakeholders at all levels
● Knowledge of international markets and different cultures and business practices
●Ability to think outside of the box and find creative solutions to market changes
● Strong Marketing knowledge (especially B2B)
● Methodical and analytical with a strong attention to detail
How you’ll be assessed
You would be personally responsible for the trade marketing activity of the entire company, working alongside the sales and marketing teams and presenting results to senior management.
You will be assessed in the following areas:
● Growth of retail and distributor sell in - supporting the sales team in improving our ‘sell in’ of product
● Price controls - analysis of market pricing and reporting internally
● Retail listing accuracy and coverage - ensuring our products are correctly listed online and in-store
● Local marketing coverage - working with our partners to secure additional marketing activities
● Building the reputation of the business across all markets through trade relationships, trade press and local industry bodies
● Confident and comfortable with interacting with colleagues and trade partners at all levels
● Commercially aware
● Ability to gather and interpret data
● Ability to implement actions and supply high quality information stop with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
Strong marketing knowledge & experience
● To work from our Letchworth office Monday to Friday - 9am - 5.30pm
● Must be comfortable with international travel
● 25 days paid holiday
● Salary - dependent on experience £25,000-£30,000
Please note: due to the high volume of CV’s we receive, we are unable to respond personally to all applications. If you do not hear from us within 5 working days of your application, please take your application as unsuccessful on this occasion. Good luck with your job search.
Arena Personnel Ltd – Letchworth Garden City’s independent recruitment agency.